Since Ruby turned three, I knew that there was no more denying it - it was time that she move out of her crib. That little crib has had a good run, sleeping all four of the kids in it, and it was a little sad to see it go. :( But now I had a challenge - what to do with the girl's room!! They had no real furniture or decorative scheme, and I had always intended to really do something cute when the crib went bye bye. But now it was here!! And decorating stresses me out!! So, what else could I do but hit the shops! I shopped and I took pictures and I compared and I shopped some more and...oh my word was it a lot of work! But in the end I found furniture that I loved, bedding that I loved, and a lot of ideas for painting and other wall decor that I was excited about. So after many more trips to the stores, and many hours of painting and arranging, the girl's room was complete! And we all love it. Here are some before and after pictures (and yes, they did have to actually switch rooms for all of this to work...so we've been doing LOTS of rearranging upstairs!).
Before:


After!!!:





Now, somewhere in the middle of this project, I started feeling really guilty about creating this darling new room for the girls, while the boys room is really pretty lame and "little boy" like. So I decided - why not just do both rooms? The boys didn't need new beds, and didn't really need new furniture - it all still worked - but the dressers that they had were really really old, and frankly kind of ratty looking. So I decided to try my hand at furniture painting, which I'd never done before. Wow!! What a difference a coat of paint and new hardware can make!! It was amazing the difference! We also took their bunk bed apart, which they were so excited about (who knew??). After the same amount of shopping and deciding and trying to find a good older-boys room theme that fit both boys, I was really excited with what I ended up with. And the boys just love it. And so do I!! Both of the rooms just make me happy to see. And I'm also really glad to be done decorating for a while! Here are the pictures of the boys room, before and after.
Before:



After:




1 comment:
Those are the bedroom sets my girls have! I love that they work for little and then when they get older...we've had ours for about 7 years! Both rooms turned out great!
Post a Comment