Thursday, June 30, 2011

School's out!!

I can't believe that school is out!! Time is just flying. We have officially lived in San Antonio longer than any other place we've lived in our married life (and longer than Bryan has ever lived anywhere!). And no...we don't have the itch to move!! We are perfectly happy right here. But like it or not, another school year has passed and the kids are moving on. Ella finished Kindergarten with her beloved teacher Mrs. Ray. Ella just loved school this past year, and has done so well. My favorite things about Ella in Kindergarten has been the increase in hugs now given out to everyone she sees (or, I should say, "huggies"). :) I guess that Kindergarten girls just like to hug each other...a lot! Very cute.
(At the Fairy Tale Ball, as Rapunzel.)


And Tyler has finished Third Grade with Ms. Gonzales. The thing I want to remember about Tyler in Third Grade is his relationship with a special little friend from his class. This little boy has a variety of different issues that range from extreme anger, crying, throwing mega fits, and getting really sleepy from his medication. Well, if you can imagine, this has been quite a challenge for Tyler's very young new teacher. Until she discovered her best secret weapon - Tyler! Tyler just took over and cared for this boy - rubbing his back to calm him, gently waking him up when he fell asleep, sitting with him at lunch every day, and always being the go-to guy when this little boy needed anything. Tyler's teacher got choked up telling me what a Godsend Tyler has been for her, and how she thinks that he just saved this little boy this year. Wow...what a guy!! Now I just wish we could somehow get this behavior at home toward his sister Ella!

And Spencer has made it through 6th grade - his first year of middle school. He did so well, worked so hard, and even earned a few awards at the end of the year ceremony. I'm so proud of all the kids for their hard work and kind hearts!!! Now I get to keep them at home with me all summer long, and I'm so happy!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Just totally cried reading about little Ty. What a sweet boy!! Probably the only friend that boy has ever had.