
We had all three of the big kids playing soccer this Spring, and it was quite action packed! I coached Ella's team again this season, and it was great fun. We started the season off with quite a few losses, but we finished up with two wins!! Not that scores are even kept at this age, but come on - they know! Ella played really well, especially toward the end of the season, and I love seeing her being an animal out there. I was very proud of her, and happy to be her coach. And do you love their uniforms??? We had to spruce up those boring black uniforms, so I found the Pink Tiger socks and made the hair bows and ribbons for all the girls. Go Pink Tigers!


Spencer played on the same team as in the Fall, and played a good bit of goalie again. And he loved every second of it! In fact, one game he played the entire game in the goal and "probably saved 20 goals!" In his words, "It was heaven!" Sorry about my finger in the last picture. I was filming with one hand and taking still shots with the other, which is not an easy task under ordinary circumstances. But at this moment he was making a really sweet save and I was yelling and jumping up and down at the same time. So frankly it's a miracle that a picture was even taken!


Next comes Tyler. I love to watch Tyler play soccer. (Do I say that about every sport?? I might.) But it's true! He is all over the place, tough as nails, and it's just awesome to watch. This year he gathered up a bunch of friends from church and school to be on his team, which was fun, but many of the boys had never played soccer before. So it was really a learning season for them. But the improvements that they made - wow! It was so impressive to see. Tyler played half of every game in the goal (which is where most of the action was!) and the other half he played forward or halfback. My favorite moment of his season was when he and his little buddy made a "secret play," which consisted of his friend pretending to kick off the ball, but really just jumping over it. Then Tyler ran along behind him and kicked it with all his might. Well, on the first attempt of this play, the ball bounced off of a player on the opposing team right back to Tyler, where he launched it into the goal from the half line. It was his team's first goal of the season, and you can imagine the sidelines! It was pretty great. And then, of course, they tried that secret play in every other game the rest of the season (and the refs were really pretty good about it, since it technically was an illegal play). But anyway, a great season for Ty. Now you would expect to see his soccer pictures next. Yes, well...oh the shame!! I have none. Not one. I just didn't take many pictures this season, since it seems like the millionth season that the kids have played soccer, and when I realized that I had totally blown it, I couldn't even get him to dress back up and let me snap some pics in the backyard! So alas...just imagine a cute turquoise uniform, with a team named the Invaders.
No comments:
Post a Comment