Sunday, December 25, 2011
Christmas Day!!!
Another wonderful Christmas Day has come and gone. Sigh! It was a great day. This year Christmas fell on a Sunday, and we meet at 9:00am. I'd been fretting about this for months, hoping that the kids wouldn't complain too much, and hoping that we'd be able to make it even more special by getting to go to church on Christmas Day. We brought the situation up to the kids and asked them how they wanted Christmas morning to go down. After some discussion we all agreed that we would begin the Christmas morning festivities at 7:00, and would just open stockings and the family gift before breakfast and church. They did NOT want to be rushed - opening presents or eating! This plan worked wonderfully, and I even made an entire extra batch of sticky buns so that we could eat one before church and we could piece on the other one during the rest of the morning's festivities. The other stipulation that the kids had was that they wanted to be able to come home from church and change back into their pajamas to open presents. No problem! I even joined them! :) So the pictures here are in chronological order, even though the pajamas appear before and after the church clothes. All said and done...I loved having Christmas on Sunday!!! It was so nice. Spencer decided to bust out the tuxedo, and the kids all looked darling for church. And of course the program was really nice. We had a fun day of present opening, a little cooking, and we had a great feast with our friends the Fergusons that evening. I wish I would have taken a group picture! At least I got a picture of the spread (and the Jello!), and even Tyler's cars which earned a prime spot in front of his plate at dinner. Funny. It was a perfect Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment