Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

For the first time since I was a kid, I had Thanksgiving with all of my siblings and my grandparents. And it was the first time in 10 years that I've had Thanksgiving at my mom's house! There were 29 of us in all, so it was a full house. And I have to admit...the food was amazing!! My brother Chris deep fried THREE turkeys, and we had 11 delicious homemade pies (1 apple, 1 peach, 2 raspberry, 2 chocolate, 1 coconut cream, 1 banana cream, 1 lemon, 1 chocolate pecan, and 1 praline pumpkin). We divided all the food assignments among the adults, and we ended up with quite a feast. Bryan was the one who suggested the chocolate pecan pie, so that was what he was assigned! He did a great job, and it was delicious. I made the Praline Pumpkin pie and the homemade stuffing, which I think turned out pretty good as well. Donna made the two raspberry pies, which were the #1 pies, and Stephanie made all the vegies. Blake and Erin did the salad, and my mom and grandma did the rest! It was a great meal, a great day, and great to be together!

No comments: