Thursday, May 2, 2013
Tyler's Happenings
What a busy and fun Spring Tyler had! I've got pictures from lots of different events on here, so I'll try to give a brief description of each one. First, Tyler's entire 5th grade had a field trip to the IMAX theater and mall downtown, and I had a great time being a chaperone for that field trip. Next, you'll notice a couple of pictures of Tyler wearing Bryan's shoes. Bryan took the kids to the lake for the weekend, and Tyler forgot his shoes. Thus, the banana boats. We still laugh when we see those pictures! Next up, Tyler ran in the district track meet. He ran the 100m race, and he placed 2nd in his heat. It was a lot of fun to watch. He also played soccer this season, but why oh why do I have no pictures of him??? He played great! Bryan took the boys on a Father/son campout, and even though he had to drive back to go to work early the next morning, they enjoyed being able to go. And although I don't have a picture to prove it, we learned that Tyler does not function well when he spends the entire night NOT sleeping in a camping chair!! He was sick and honestly could not function the next day. He slept for about 20 straight hours upon returning home. Lesson learned. After one last school project, where you see Tyler interviewing his friend Ryan (dressed as Caddie Woodlawn), the entire 5th grade had a huge pool party. I went to the party, and wow was it fun!! It was an all day, full out party!! I'm so glad that Tyler has such good friends. A bunch of the moms planned a "flash mob" during the party, and so when a certain song came on, we all busted out a fully choreographed dance. The boys were at first shocked, then a twinge of embarrassed, but ultimately thought it was great! They all came and danced with us, and it was really fun. It was finally time for 5th grade graduation. No more elementary school for Ty!! He earned the usual awards, but then was singled out and called to the front of the group. He was awarded the American Citizenship award for his class!! It was awarded to him for "being a model student, friend, and citizen." So proud of that guy!! He has been a fun and caring boy all through his years at school, and I'm so happy that he was recognized for it. And to start off the summer, before heading to the dreaded Middle School, Tyler got contacts!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Like seeing "Carlsons" back at the top of my list! Good stuff Ty!!
And of course, this is Stephanie.
Post a Comment