Friday, March 8, 2013
Odds and Ends
Here are a selection of pictures from some of our outings and activities this winter. The kids have all been busy and happy, and we've had some fun times. The first batch of pictures are from a trip to the zoo with Ruby and some of her little friends. I love taking Ruby to the zoo, and she had a great time with her buddies. The next few pictures are a random bunch - first, the piece of our backyard fence that keeps blowing over whenever we get a big storm. Hopefully we've fixed it for good this time! Next, the girls and their cute face painting. This was at our yearly Scout auction and dinner, which is always one of the highlights of the year for the kids. We auctioned off a day of boating and BBQ, and it sold for $375! Yowsers. We'd better feed them well!! Spencer's services of manual labor and piano lessons were also purchased, so he'll be working those debts off soon. Next, Spencer sang in his winter choir concert. Since he's so tall, he disappears on the back row of his choir, face in the shadows, so it's impossible to get a good picture of him! Next, I had to include this grumpy picture of Tyler. I can't remember why he was so mad that day, but I found it so amusing that I snapped a picture. It could have been because he needed a haircut (it wasn't), so I gave him a short cut the next day. Looking good, Ty! Next up in the line of pictures is Pioneer Ella. The 2nd grade was celebrating the end of their Westward Ho unit, and they were asked to dress up as pioneers. I already had the darling bonnet and apron, so I whipped up a quick skirt for her, and she was as cute as can be. (Truth be told, I was guilted into making the skirt, since "her friends' moms were making them skirts!") The last couple pictures are of Ella and Ruby having their first snow cone stand. They begged and begged (as all kids must), until I finally relented. It wasn't a particularly warm day, and we don't get much traffic on our street, but they were determined. They had a fun time, but were a little discouraged that their only three customers were mom, dad, and Spencer! They're all set with their sign for the summer, though! And maybe they'll listen to me next time, when I tell them it's not the best day for a snow cone stand. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment