Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ruby Jane turns 5!!


Our princess Ruby Jane has turned 5!  And what a girl she is.  Her birthday this year was princess heaven, with a whole slew of princess dolls and accessories.  A few things that I want to remember about her birthday is first - all the princesses!  Check out the picture of Tyler.  It is so hilarious!  He and Spencer were beyond bored watching all the princess presents being opened!  Second - that crown.  I got it for her to wear to her birthday party, and she hasn't taken it off since!  She wears it every day to school, church, the gym, you name it.  So adorable!  Third - as Ella was packing up a little present for her, Ruby insisted on wrapping up a present for Ella as well!  Thus, they are both opening little gifts in the third picture.  Ruby is such a sweet little girl, and she is ready for Kindergarten.  I'm having to admit that to myself (since I'm not ready!), but it's true.  All year long she hasn't quite gotten the hang of having Ella in school (even though it's Ella's third year of school!).  She either wants to be at pre-school, at a friends house, or have a friend over.  She has completely forgotten how to play alone!  She is totally done with naps, and she loves sharing her room with Ella.  Those two are just the best of friends.  They truly love each other.  Ella likes to invite a friend over after school on Fridays, and Ruby is always, always included in their games.  And she can hold her own, too!  One of my favorite things to watch Ruby do is get ready in the morning.  After choosing her outfit (I've learned from my experience with Ella not to fight it), she pulls out my laundry basket to use as a stool and starts to primp.  She brushes her hair, twists the sides into a clip, chooses a headband or bow, and then applies her lip gloss.  She does this every day, turning her head from side to side and smiling at the finished product.  She is also such fun to watch in the car.  She sits on the back row of our car, and sings along to every song on the radio.  And dances, if she knows the moves from Just Dance 4.  If it's not a song she likes she says, "Skip!!  Please."  I will miss that singing and dancing car rider next year!  And I will miss so many more things with her in school all day.  But I won't dwell on that yet.  For now, I'm just enjoying my little Rooster and her awesome and sassy personality.  Happy Birthday, RuRu!!  
  




















No comments: