Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spencer turns 14!!


Happy Birthday, Spencer!!!  Spencer has reached the ripe old age of 14, and he couldn't be happier about it.  Wow, what a year it's been for him, too!  I'm going to include a picture of his birthday last year, just so you can see the change.  Amazing what a year can do!  In the past year, Spencer has gone from a cute, baby-faced boy to a deep-voiced, gigantic, young man.  He's grown about 6 inches (or more!) in the past year, and he is now 5'11" - less than an inch shorter than Bryan!  He completely towers over me.   He's not quite shaving yet, but that'll be soon.  Some of his interests include:  girls, listening to music, lifting weights, and hanging out with his friends.   I'm not listing all of his hobbies here - like piano, guitar, choir, and theater - because he would claim that he's forced to do most of those!  Which is not true.  But he would choose to spend his time on the aforementioned interests (girls, music, weight, friends) rather than on any of his talents!  He and Tyler have a great relationship, and they are always laughing and talking together.  He loves his phone - texting on his phone, taking videos on his phone, always fiddling with his phone - and he's not usually without it.  Spencer is usually awake later than me and Bryan (always later than Bryan!), and I can usually hear him moving around in his room upstairs as I'm climbing into bed.  Thankfully Tyler is a deep sleeper, although he has recently asked him to do his late night weight lifting in a different room (who knew he was even doing this???).  Spencer will be starting high school next year, and so I imagine that I'll be typing a similar "how much he's changed" post next year.  Sigh!  Spencer is a great kid, and we love having him in our family.  Happy Birthday, Machine!! 
 
                                     (Below is Spencer at age 13!!  Just one year ago.  Wow!)





2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am DYING at that pic of him last year!!!!!! In a lot of ways that's still how I think of spencer.....but I guess I've gotten a little used to the giant man-child and that tiny spencer looks soooooooo young!!! Oh my goodness....what a year! WOW!!!!

silly6 said...

WOW! Spencer has changed so much in 1 year! Crazy! Tom is right there with him at 5" 11.5". It's great to see how your family has changed! I hope all is well.

Jen Waite