Monday, March 18, 2013
Ruby's Princess Party
Ruby has been waiting for and talking about this birthday party for months! She has been so excited. And I'm not gonna lie...I have too! I did this same party for Ella when she turned 5, and it has been my all time favorite party. And I love parties! It is something about the darling five year olds, all wearing their finest princess or prince attire, traipsing around the house in plastic heels, listening to the special homemade story about Princess Ruby. An evil sorcerer has cast a spell on the Carlson Castle, and all the princesses and princes need to go on different quests (play games) to rid the castle of all evilness. It's amazing how well these kids sit and listen, quite mesmerized, to the story, waiting to find out what they get to do next! They hopped around the house on stones, trying to get past the moat (like a cake walk). They hunted for dragon eggs in the yard, which were hiding all of Princess Ruby's stolen jewels. They played Pin-the-Kiss-on-the-Frog to see if the frog in the castle was actually a prince. They carried the cursed diamond rings across the room on a pencil, to drop it into the magic potion. Then they passed the poison apples around the circle until all the poison wore off. They were always rewarded with jewels and prizes from the royal treasure chest, and they were finally rewarded with a feast, cake, and pinata. Ruby was all smiles the entire party, and it made me so happy to see. I snuck Ella out of school for a couple of hours, too, so that she could be here with Ruby for her big day. Princess Ruby had quite a grand time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
You are literally the cutest mom. You and steph have both set the bar very high!!! :) oh and the pic of Tyler in the next post... I laughed out loud!
Post a Comment