This year's 4th of July was a little different than most. Bryan and I were asked to speak at Girl's Camp that night, as part of the patriotic fireside planned for the 4th up there. Of course our kids were invited to join us for the festivities at Camp, including dinner and fireworks, and they all had varying levels of excitement in going there. Spencer? Well, he got to be one of only two Young Men at an entire camp of 12-17 year old girls, so he was just fine with it! Tyler was pretty bummed to be missing the bike rodeo and ice-cream at the church with his friends, but was excited when he heard we'd get to be right in the spot where fireworks were shot off (rather than watching them from afar). Ella and Ruby were just glad to be with mom! We had a fun night up there, and I can honestly say that I've never witnessed anything so crazy and loud as those girls at Girl's Camp!! It was sheer insanity! Bryan and I were sweating it, wondering how on earth we could give our prepared talks in such a crazy environment, but the girls calmed right down and were a great and respectful audience. An impressive feat, indeed! I was really happy to spend the night with my family, and I loved the whole thing. Especially the audible sigh of relief from the kids when we got in our quiet car! :)
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
4th of July
This year's 4th of July was a little different than most. Bryan and I were asked to speak at Girl's Camp that night, as part of the patriotic fireside planned for the 4th up there. Of course our kids were invited to join us for the festivities at Camp, including dinner and fireworks, and they all had varying levels of excitement in going there. Spencer? Well, he got to be one of only two Young Men at an entire camp of 12-17 year old girls, so he was just fine with it! Tyler was pretty bummed to be missing the bike rodeo and ice-cream at the church with his friends, but was excited when he heard we'd get to be right in the spot where fireworks were shot off (rather than watching them from afar). Ella and Ruby were just glad to be with mom! We had a fun night up there, and I can honestly say that I've never witnessed anything so crazy and loud as those girls at Girl's Camp!! It was sheer insanity! Bryan and I were sweating it, wondering how on earth we could give our prepared talks in such a crazy environment, but the girls calmed right down and were a great and respectful audience. An impressive feat, indeed! I was really happy to spend the night with my family, and I loved the whole thing. Especially the audible sigh of relief from the kids when we got in our quiet car! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment