Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Beware of the KitchenAid!!!


You are never going to believe this! On Sunday morning I was making roll dough in the KitchenAid. I walked across the kitchen to the sink, while the dough hook was kneading the dough, and Ella was looking in the bowl. All of a sudden she starts screaming! The end of a chunk of her hair touched the rotating part of the mixer, and within a half a second it was RIPPED RIGHT OUT OF HER HEAD!! A huge chunk of hair! Gone! (Yes, that is what she is holding in this picture.) Can you imagine what would have happened if it would have been a bigger chunk - too big to rip off? Oh it could have been so bad. As it is, she has a large bald patch just to the left of her part. She was so upset - because I'm sure it hurt like crazy! - but after listening to her I realized that she was more upset about the loss of hair: "I'm OK, it's OK. I just had a nice haircut. I still have lots of hair. It's still beautiful." Ohhhhhh...poor peanut!! So those of you with daughters (or long hair) - BEWARE!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe that chunk of hair! That is seriously scary. Is it really noticable? Oh, poor Ella!!

Krista said...

That is terrible and scary! I can't even imagine. Poor Ella. I'm glad she is okay.

Samantha said...

Kitchenaide buyer beware! Poor Ella!

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, Kacee. I can't believe it. That's crazy. Poor Ella!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

I will watch out for my own. :)

tonya

kidding...right? said...

Holy cow! My kids are always sitting on the counter when I'm making things. That really had to hurt!

Stiles Family-mostly Kristen said...

Yikes! I am glad she's ok. Poor thing!