Saturday, February 9, 2013
Ella's "Doll and Me" Party
We are having another party year this year! It was supposed to be our year off of parties, but due to a number or circumstances we are postponing our "birthday trip" to next year - thus having parties THIS year! Ella's birthday kicked off the parties, with a small but adorable party. She invited just 6 friends to her "Doll and Me" party, along with Ruby, and they were such cuties. Each of her friends brought their favorite doll, and we promptly got them outfitted in their very own matching party hats. I loved the red and turquoise color scheme, and I had so much fun with the invitations, party hats, and decorations. Give me a good theme and color scheme and I can have some fun!! Plus making two identical dessert tables - one regular sized and one miniature for the dolls - just made me giddy! Anyway, back to the party...the girls all donned their party hats for pictures, then set their dolls down at the doll table while they worked on making jewelry for themselves and their dolls. They started with necklaces, and they took forever! If I would have known how long they were going to take, I would have done a few things differently. But oh well! Once they finished making necklaces for themselves and their dolls, they started on Duct Tape bracelets. We were completely out of time by this point, so we had to forgo the hair clips. Ella and I made them afterward to give to the girls along with their thank you notes later on. The girls had been drooling at the dessert table all afternoon, and it was finally time to eat. They dished their dolls up a little plate, and then themselves. They all enjoyed their cupcakes and treats, and then we proceeded to have their fashion show. Adorable! Those little cuties strut their stuff! :) Ella opened her presents before they headed out, and (as always!) we (I) collapsed on the couch as they headed out the door. What a perfect party for Ella!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
Seriously, could this party be any cuter?? I love the mini everything! So darling! And Ella looks so cute in her Real glasses! Haha:)
Post a Comment