
This summer, while the kids and I were in Idaho, Bryan competed in his first triathlon. You may not know this, but Bryan has been seriously pushing it up in his working out for the past year or so. There are days that he exercises twice a day - which I think is sheer insanity - and that boy works hard! He sweats like nobody's business! But anyway, back to the topic of the triathlon. Our good friend Spaniard, who we met in Korea years ago, brought his two kids and dog up to Boerne to cheer on Bryan and to snap these (and many more!) pictures of him. They were up there at 6:00 in the morning on a Saturday! Thank you, Spaniard, for filling in for me and the kids!!! There were 300 people who participated in this particular triathlon, and 28 in his age group. First came the swim. It was an open water 500 meter swim, and I have to say that Bryan rocked the swim! He was 6th in his age group on the swim, and some of these guys were serious die hard racers. So way to go Bry! Then came the biking portion, which was a 14 1/2 mile ride, followed by a 4 1/2 mile run. His total time was 1:31:55.9. That is a LONG time to be racing! But he loved it, and is looking forward to many more. Hopefully we'll be in town next time, and we can be up there cheering him on. Way to go Bry!!
(He's the second blue swim cap from the front here, just finishing the swim)

Now he's transitioning from the swim to the bike...

Headed toward the finish line!!
2 comments:
Way to go Bry!! I really want to do a triathlon. It's the swim that is so hard for me. I swim two laps and feel like I'm going to die! So... needless to say, I'm quite impressed with Bryan's swimming... he's pretty speedy!
That is awesome! Good job!!
Post a Comment