
A few more outings in Idaho still to document! We'll begin with the beloved trip to Boondocks - aka Boonies - and all the fun to be had there. The boys love the go-karts, the laser tag, and the video games the most. The girls love the video games! They do enjoy the Kiddie Kove, and riding on the go-karts, and even the bumper boats. But really, it's all about using those tokens to get tickets for them! This year, Ella and Aubrey were tall enough to be passengers on the go-karts, and also to drive the bumper boats. It sure was cute to see them cruising around the track! Spencer took Aubrey one time, and he was so busy waving to our cameras that he crashed right into the wall! It sure was funny that Aubrey didn't seem very interested to go again after that! Then poor Aubrey got stuck out on her bumper boat. Ella finally got the hang of steering it, but Aubrey is over a year younger than Ella (although she is taller), and couldn't quite get it. After getting escorted to the side by the worker, she decided that she would ride with Ella the rest of the time! Tyler took Carson out for a ride, which he loved, and Spencer proceeded to soak every other soul out there. He can't imagine that not everybody on the bumper boats has plans of being dripping wet at the end of their ride! But it was a fun day!!







We took the kids bowling one morning, and it was great! They had just as much fun playing on the video games (without money, of course) as they did bowing! We only had a couple of balls get stuck on the lanes, which I thought was quite good considering the age of the bowlers!



We went to the beloved Discovery Center again, and it never disappoints. The kids, that is. I thought it was a lot of work this year, frankly! Those girls shopped and shopped in that pretend grocery store, for at least an hour. All I did was follow them around, re-shelving the food that they just "bought." Then, before I was even finished, they were off to shopping again! I was seriously worn out! I got quite a kick out of watching the kids do the green screen, though. Look at those crazy heads floating on the bridge! I could have played in that room a little longer, I think.





After the Boise Hawks game from last year, which was such a hit, we knew we'd be adding that activity to our yearly repertoire. It was a fun night, and the kids seemed to really like watching the game! (Plus eating the suckers and popcorn!). Ruby and Carson wanted to see Humphrey the Hawk, and lo and behold...he came over and said hello! Ruby buried her head into his shoulder for a hug, and then he held her up for everybody to see her. She seemed to enjoy the attention! And she looked as cute as can be. Spencer won the "Pizza Scream" again this year, meaning he was the loudest in our section, and so he was very proud as he ate that piece of pizza. Evidently it was the best pizza ever!


4 comments:
I love your recaps of the summer. You are doing "catch-up" like me! :) I love it. I am dying over that little boy cousin who is and identical TWIN to Blake!! He is so cute!
It sounds like you're about done playing catch-up?? Cute pics......they look very familiar!
Looks like fun! I feel I need to point out though that Ruby and Ella seem to dominate the photos! They are pretty dang cute though! If you guys hit Utah this summer, let us know! We hope to be there at the end of June and we'd love to see you!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun while in Idaho. My kids love Boondocks too. We have one right inthe same town where we live. John played laser tag for the first time this summer and broke his elbow right at the beginning of the game. Bummer. Next time should be better, I'm sure.
Post a Comment