Friday, September 17, 2010

Girl's Night Out

The girls were begging to do a Girl's Night Out while we were in town, and soon the boys caught on and wanted a Boys Night Out. So we busily planned two super fun nights for the kids, but unfortunately I only have pictures of the one I was invited to! So here's a brief commentary on the Boys Night Out, and then we'll get to the pictures. Grandpa took Masen, Dallen, Spencer, and Tyler out for their big night. First, they went on a late afternoon golfing expedition. The boys love golfing with grandpa! Then they hit a little hole in the wall burger and scone joint, that they wolfed down a good dinner at. Then they went to see The Karate Kid at the dollar theater, with their pockets full of candy. It was a several hour affair, and they had a blast! Again, I wish I had some pictures, but I do not. But I DO have quite of few of this next big event - the night of makeovers and dinner...the Girl's Night Out. Ella and Aubrey had been planning and anticipating this night since before we even got to Idaho. They wanted to get all dolled up, go to a fun hair place, and then get their nails done. So we found a cute little place called To Be a Kid, and we made the reservations. Carson also came along, just for the hair cut portion of the night, and then Brian picked him up. So here is how the night went:

First, the shampooing of the hair.



Next came the nails. Ella chose red with gold sparkles.


Ruby was not a fan of the shampooing!

She did like getting those nails done, though! She also chose red (what's up with my little girls choosing RED!), with silver sparkles.

Now it was time for Ella to get her hair cut. Her hair had been through a lot over the summer, with so much swimming, and so we got a good couple of inches cut off, plus some long layers thrown in. It turned out pretty darn cute, complete with sparkles for some added flair. Lookin' good , Ella!



Next came Ruby's first REAL haircut. She like the carousel horse she got to sit on, and she liked the sucker. I think she could have done without the actual hair cutting, though! Now Ruby's hair had grown quite long - but only in the back. But it avoided full-up mullet status because I always did it up in pigtails or all curled. But still...it needed to have the back cut so that the sides could eventually catch up. It was a little frightening seeing all of that hair being cut, and also a little scary that my two year old was getting her first razor cut, but oh my did it turn out cute! Look at that adorable bob!!!! I took way too many pictures of her in the days that followed, because I just couldn't get enough of that little cutie. Sweet Ru.





All of the girl cousins were there to watch the make-overs, and they were all looking darling and ready for our fancy dinner out on the town. We went straight from the salon to a fun and fancy dinner in downtown Boise. The girls were all so well behaved, and it was so much fun to be out with all of them. I think that this is a tradition that will stick, for years and years.

We went out for ice-cream afterward to finish up the night. Love those girlies!!

Here is one out-take from the night. We took about 20 pictures of all the girls before we left the salon, and this is just about what they all looked like. Ella and Aubrey were being very silly!

3 comments:

Angie said...

You're right, Ruby's hair is so cute!

Stephanie said...

Aubrey is still talking about Girls' Night Out!! It is funny that there are way more pictures of the girls....pretty much at every activity. Is that because they are girls or just because they're younger???

kidding...right? said...

How fun it that! I love it!