Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fun in the sun!

This summer has been GREAT so far! We have had a lot of fun - in some record heat - and so we have spent as much time as we could in the water. We've been lucky enough to inherit Bryan's parent's boat, and so we go up to the lake every spare chance we get. Now that is some good quality family fun!



We started the summer off with Tyler finishing off his baseball season, which he loved. He's a good little ball player!




He also lost his two front teeth, a couple weeks apart. The toothless smile is my favorite!


While he was losing his front teeth, Ruby was growing hers! She looks so grown up with those big ol' teeth!


We've worn out Ella (who fell asleep one day while talking on her toy phone), and had fun watching Ruby's personality evolve, with a little bit of feistiness, I might add.


We have also found a great little fishing pond just up the road from us, where we have been spending some early mornings fishing. Now I personally find fishing to be disgusting on all fronts - the worms, the flopping - but you can't deny that the kids love it! And again...some more good family fun. I have to admit...I love the summer! It is going by too fast.






5 comments:

Lesli said...

AHHHHH, San Antonio Summers! These pics are SO GREAT! Looks like you guys are loving it. The kids are so big!! Enjoy the rest of it :)

Stephanie said...

I'm so jealous of the boat!! You can't call me the queen of family hand-me-downs any more.....I'll trade you for Grandma's china?? We can't wait to see you guys in less than a week!!
Do you have Ruby on a leash in that one picture on the fake grass??

Kacee said...

No leash for RuRu, Steve. It is Tyler in back of her...jump-roping. But thanks for putting that out there - making everybody think I leash my child!

kidding...right? said...

Cute pictures. It looks like you guys are having a great summer. The boat looks super nice, I bet the kids are loving that.

The Jensen 6 said...

I'm pretty jealous about the boat. That was the one thing we never got to do that we really wanted to when we came to the states! Unfortunately I had to choose between seeing my sister (who has the boat) for an extra day or getting the boat because it was being refurbished and wasn't done the day we went to spend the week at Bear Lake. I chose my sister. I'm still wondering if that was the right choice. =)