Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July...and more

We are leaving this afternoon for our yearly trip to Idaho, and so I wanted to post a few pictures before we left town. We had a wonderful 4th of July, with great friends and good food. What could be better? We watched some fireworks on the grass at the church, and the kids had "the best night of their life!" Stayed up until 11:00!! Even for Bryan and I that is late! Ruby found a stray bowl of chocolate ice-cream at one point during the night, and she devoured every last drop of it. Thankfully we found out later that it was Spencer's - not a random stranger's bowl of ice-cream.



I'm also throwing a few additional pictures on here. We have been dog-sitting for Bryan's parents over the last month or so, and nobody is happier to do this than Ruby. She loves that dog!! Here are just a couple of pictures Ruby hanging with her best bud Murphy. Or hanging in his bed.

Next, the boys and I went to see Wicked last weekend. We went out for a nice lunch beforehand, and then headed to the theatre. I was one of the funnest things I've ever done with my kids. These boys know every word to every song from Wicked, and they can even play several of them on the piano. Their eyes never left the stage!! It was so much fun to see them watching it so intently. Bryan and I went to see it together two weeks earlier, and also loved it, so this time I could enjoy watching them as much as the show!

I've also stuck a picture of our garden on here. My tomato plants are insane! They are taller than me! We are eating homemade salsa and fresh tomatoes with every meal. And our monster cantaloupe vines have pretty much taken over the rest of the garden, with the exception of the carrots which are lucky enough to hide out underground.

Alright...I'm off to Idaho for some cooler temperatures and some good, good fun!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Tyler looks JUST like Brian in that photo!! Have fun in Idaho!

Kacee said...

What? Does Bryan pull faces like that? I about clobered him for making that face in the ONLY picture I could get before Ruby would run away. Little stinker.