Friday, January 30, 2009

Tyler and Ella's game

Tyler and Ella are quite the little buds. They play really well together, and their games are usually some variation of "house." This past weekend they were playing a nice game of "boat," when I decided to stealthily record the events. Tyler and Ella were with their kids (stuffed cat and frog) and were riding along on their boat (couch). Ella, who really just likes to hear herself talk, goes on for some time about the need to put things in drawers, while Tyler shows some impressive exasperation about the solicitor who keeps calling him. Next, Ella takes a dip in the sea in search of a napkin, while Tyler talks about their son's (frog's) upcoming birthday (he's turning either 8 or 1, depending on who you ask). The game culminates with froggy coming down with a bout of throwing up, wherein the doctor is called. Tyler then doubles as the concerned father and the helpful doctor, who prescribes the quick remedy of 5 cups of hot chocolate. I'm so glad I recorded this little gem!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my gosh! That is the sweetest thing ever. I think my favorite part is when Tyler is all annoyed wondering why solicitors are always calling him.

Annie said...

So cute! I can't believe how big Ella is getting.

kidding...right? said...

That was cute! I love it when my kids play like that.