Friday, January 2, 2009

The Alamo Bowl



Santa is a hero this year! He brought Spencer 4 tickets to the Alamo Bowl for Christmas, which took place this past Monday night. It's a good thing Spencer only had 4 days after Christmas to wait, because it would have been torture (for all of us!) to have to wait any longer. So the Carlson boys - Spencer, Tyler, Bryan, and Bryan's dad - headed down to the Alamodome on Monday night. Spencer and Tyler decided that they were going to cheer for Missouri, since they are the Tigers, and they felt like Tigers were much cooler than Wildcats. And it was a good choice, since Missouri ended up winning by a touchdown in overtime! Very exciting. Of course the boys didn't find this out until the next morning. Santa may be really cool, be we evidently are not - since we didn't let the boys stay until MIDNIGHT, which is when the game ended. I don't think so! So anyway, it was a great night for the kids, as well as Bryan. The boys loved the game, and Bryan loved being there with them and his dad. Two funny things about this whole event: first, Spencer said that he KNOWS there is a Santa now, because his mom and dad never buy tickets to games! Ouch. And then he also warned us all in advance that he wouldn't be talking the entire day on Monday, because he was saving his voice for the game. Evidently he was quite the fan! No face painting, or bare chest painting, but crazy fan-cheering nonetheless!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love it. I can't get over how obsessed he is with football these days....it's hilarious!
Glad they had a good time.

kidding...right? said...

How fun for the boys! The game didn't end until midnight! Sheesh! They need to start those games earlier.

Angie said...

That's funny about "knowing there is a Santa Claus" now! Santa brought us CATS tickets, but alas, Allison was not fooled. haha

Jeri Ann said...

You don't know how sad I am to see this! I don't know if Matt will forgive me for missing the Sugar Bowl with the Utes HUGE win! Rough! I am actually surprised he didn't go! How fun for your boys- all of them! Those games are so fun to be at!