Today was the big day! Spencer's long awaited first football game. He was a little nervous this morning, but he was mostly excited about wearing all his gear and his new jersey. He looked very cool! Once he got to the game, the anxiety of what was about to happen started to overpower the excitement, and he was in a bit of a panic. And it didn't help that the team they were playing were serious diehards who have played together as a team for the last three years. They were good! And Spencer's team was just getting whooped! Spencer started out on the sidelines, and his coaches told me later that he was NOT ready to go in yet. But since he was their only player on the bench, he had no choice but to go in when his teammate got hurt. So in he went! He played hard, did his best, and felt good about it afterward. But he just kept talking about the "thunder guy," who was evidently very fast and ferocious (thus the reason why Spencer named him the thunder guy) and might have even been talking some smack. That freaked Spencer out a bit, but he hung in there and did a great job. His own words are the best, though, so I've included the video I took of him after the game. Way to go Spencer!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Spencer's First Football Game
Today was the big day! Spencer's long awaited first football game. He was a little nervous this morning, but he was mostly excited about wearing all his gear and his new jersey. He looked very cool! Once he got to the game, the anxiety of what was about to happen started to overpower the excitement, and he was in a bit of a panic. And it didn't help that the team they were playing were serious diehards who have played together as a team for the last three years. They were good! And Spencer's team was just getting whooped! Spencer started out on the sidelines, and his coaches told me later that he was NOT ready to go in yet. But since he was their only player on the bench, he had no choice but to go in when his teammate got hurt. So in he went! He played hard, did his best, and felt good about it afterward. But he just kept talking about the "thunder guy," who was evidently very fast and ferocious (thus the reason why Spencer named him the thunder guy) and might have even been talking some smack. That freaked Spencer out a bit, but he hung in there and did a great job. His own words are the best, though, so I've included the video I took of him after the game. Way to go Spencer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go Spencer!! He looks really tough in all his gear. Keep it up!
(Love the video!)
Awesome. I love it. "I was like 'what?!" and then I was like 'whoa!'..." We miss Spencer. I love the skinny little legs under those huge shoulder pads...
Love the video! I have a friend that interviews her kids after their first day of school and they are so funny. I need to do more interviewing and letting the kids explain experiences on tape. It just makes for some classic video. Spencer looks great in his gear. I think I'll have a heart attack if Wilson wants to play. Does it make you nervous?
That was great! True emotions and so hard to explain them but I think he did a great job! :)
Tonya
Post a Comment