Monday, December 10, 2012

Showing off

December is a busy time for recitals, performances, concerts, and competitions.  We started off the month with Spencer competing in the district Speech and Theater contest.  This was his second year competing, and his first year of being awarded an Outstanding Performer plaque.  He was beyond excited!!!  It was so much fun to watch him, and even more fun to watch him get so excited when he won!  The kids all performed in their Christmas Piano Recital, and they played wonderfully.  It was Ella's first recital, and I was worried that she would chicken out!  But she and the boys all played great, and we were very proud of them.  This year we had another first - Spencer's first Voice Recital.  He's been taking voice lessons at school this year, and he had to sing a solo at a recital.  I was so nervous for him!!  I would never have dared.  But he was hardly even nervous!  He stood up there and busted out "Once in Royal David's City" - and blew us away!  He sounded amazing!  I'm still stunned that he could sing like that!  He also sang in his school choir performance, and it sounded awesome as well.  Ruby was the cutest little singer in the world in her pre-school Christmas performance, and I could have snapped pictures of her all day up there.  I love watching my kids show off!!












No comments: