Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Bryan was out of town for Valentine's Day this year, so the kids and I had to go on without him.  (Haven't all holidays turned into kid's celebrations anyway?  Even the "couples holiday" - Valentine's Day???)  Anyway, we started the day off with pink eggs, pink juice, and pink cereal.  The kids all took their Valentines in to school that day, and came home with boxes full of cards and candy.  My Valentine's Day tradition for Bryan and for the kids is that I always make Bryan a giant heart shaped chocolate chip cookie, with smaller ones for each of the kids.  Since Bryan was gone this year, we made sugar cookies instead (with a new recipe I was dying to try - and it was awesome!!!!).  Just as we were finishing the cookies, there was a knock at the door.  A little boy named Maddox, Ruby's friend, was standing at the door with a bouquet of flowers for little Ru.  Boy was she happy to get flowers on Valentine's Day!!  (Who isn't?)  I wish I had taken a picture of her smile.  Spencer was especially intrigued by this idea of delivering a Valentine, and without any prompting he found a blank Valentine and wrote out a note to his current crush.  He filled a plate up with cookies, and asked me if I'd drive him over to make the delivery.  (Are you sure you don't want to ring and run, Spencer???  Nope.  Hand delivered to the girl.  Brave boy!!)  It was very nice.  And who wouldn't want to get a Valentine that says, "I think you're very nice and pretty"?  The kids also spent the evening making Valentines for each other, and I thought they were just darling.  So even without my sweetie, it was a pretty sweet day!











 (Says: Dad, I hope you can be here next time!)

1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth said...

So darling! I can't get over Ruby getting flowers from a little boy! Seriously, that is the cutest thing I've ever heard:)