Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Basketball

 Ella and Tyler both played basketball this winter, and had a great time.  Ella played for the first time with a group of friends from her soccer team and the neighborhood.  One of the moms coached, and Ella loved it.  She was not a real fan of having to play against boys, however, and as a result was VERY timid.  She started to come out of her shell toward the end of the season, and she even made a basket in her last game.  She was so overcome with emotion after scoring, that she burst into tears into my shoulder.  It was very sweet.  I don't know that she's got a career in basketball ahead of her, but I am so proud of her for giving it a try and never giving up.  (I also want to point out that she played against a retired San Antonio Spur's son in her first game.  Yes.  For real.  And who was she responsible for guarding, in her first basketball game ever???  You guessed it!  Spur's kid! I even took a picture of the back of the former Spur, for proof!)  
Next up, Tyler!  Tyler played on a team of his friends from school, and their team name was The Flaming Slugs.  "Slugs" for short.  Next year they're planning to be called The Dancing Princesses.  (I guess that is ten year old boy humor.) Boy did they have fun playing together, too!  They lost every game, but who's counting??  Tyler had a blast, and played hard each game.  He almost fouled out his last game, but in my opinion - at least he was getting in there and playing hard!  I love to watch my kids play their sports! 










2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Imagine my surprise to see Carlsons at the top of my blog list!! Just kidding. Love the pics. Ella looks WAY too big playing basketball! Can't wait to see you guys soon!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Ella's little jersey is so adorable!!