
For those of you who may not remember, Ruby was born on our anniversary two years ago. What a present! But, of course, since that day we have had to find a new day to celebrate our anniversary! Beginning last year, we have decided to alternate planning something fun for our anniversary - and this year was my turn. I decided to take advantage of my mom being here for a few days and skip town with Bry. What I really wanted to do was something that was just FUN! I wanted to go somewhere and forget about responsibilities and bedtimes, and just have fun. So what I ended up with was...Billy Bob's Texas - The World's Largest Honky Tonk! Now I've never been to a Honky Tonk before, and certainly not the world's largest! I'm not really much of a country girl, but I do know a good time when I see one. This Billy Bob's is located in the Historic Stockyards of Fort Worth, Texas, which is about 4 hours or so from us. It is enormous! It has a full up bull riding arena right inside, not to mention a restaurant, dance floor, pool tables, and a huge concert hall. And this particular night, Travis Tritt was in concert! Even I know a little Travis Tritt! We had to leave immediately following brunch after Tyler's baptism to get up there in time, and we went straight to our hotel to get all country'd up. Of course I had to get a new wardrobe if I was going to be hanging in the World's Largest Honky Tonk! I don't even think they let you in without boots! So anyway, we had a great time. We ate dinner, played some pool (I won), watched some bull riding, did some dancing, and then headed on in to the concert (which didn't start until 11:00, by the way! That's PM!). The concert was really awesome, and you can see from the picture that we were right on the front row. It was a really great night. My mission of "fun" was definitely accomplished! Yeehaw!!



1 comment:
Lovin' the boots! Where's Bryan's cowboy hat??
One down, 2 to go?
Post a Comment