I had the greatest idea this summer! While Spencer was in Ghana, and Bryan and Tyler were at High Adventure, the girls and I decided to take a Girl's Trip to St. George. My mom recently bought a house there, and had extended the invitation for anybody to use it. So we roped Stephanie and kids into meeting us in Salt Lake, and then we hopped in their car for the rest of the drive to St. George. The drive was a breeze for us! (A little longer and more painful for the Idaho crew...) We had a great time in St. George, where we braved record heat (it was over 115 degrees!). We played at the indoor pool and rec center, where we swam and went rock climbing. The kids enjoyed fun sleepovers and early morning trips to the playground (it was over 90 degrees by the time they woke up!). We went to the movie, went shopping, got frozen custard twice, and had a fun time visiting with Grandma Andersen and Susan, Jerry, and Gray. It was such a fun few days! We also went to see Shrek the Musical at Tuacahn, and it was so fun!!! The kids loved it. I will always remember their laughing when I hear the music. Stephanie and I decided to be really brave on our last day there and take the kids on a serious hike in Zion National Park. We hiked The Narrows, and it was so beautiful and awesome. And also completely treacherous and long! I cannot believe what troopers the kids were. We pushed them a little too far, but hopefully in the end they just remember how cool it was and how proud they are that they did it. This trip to St. George may have just become a tradition! If the kids have anything to say about it, that is. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment