Well, it turns out my children are all blind. Poor little dears. Tyler made it longer than anybody, to 5th grade, but Ella is pretty young to get glasses. Not as young as Spencer was (Kindergarten), but still young. Here's how it all began. Ella came home from school before Christmas saying, "I need glasses! I couldn't read the words to the Christmas sing-along!" Oh boy. So I figured I'd make an appointment for her over the break. Then Tyler started doing all this weird blinking, and I worried that he may have scratched his eye somehow. So, might as well take him along to the doctor! Well, sadly, they both needed glasses. Tyler has an Astigmatism in both eyes, as does Ella, and Ella is also near sighted. We hit the store, tried on a million pairs of glasses, and ended up with these cuties. Ella has been wearing pretend glasses as an accessory for fun, so it hasn't been hard to get used to her new look, but Tyler is just so active! His glasses won't last a year, I'm sure of it. I think he'll probably get contacts in the summer before starting middle school. But they both love them, and are so happy to be seeing better! I guess the countdown in on until Ruby is in glasses... :(




No comments:
Post a Comment