Can you see now why I've needed to split up our Spring by kids??? It's been busy! Ella was no exception, and she had a very fun and eventful few months. She had a class field trip to Natural Bridge Caverns, and I went along as a chaperone. Ella's teacher invited Ruby to come along, but I wondered if Ella might have wanted the day to be her own special day. Wrong! She squealed with delight at the thought of Ruby getting to come along. What a sweet sister. Ella then had her big First Grade Reading Restaurant. It is the cutest thing that all first graders put on for their parents, and it's a very proud, fun, bonding moment for parent and child. Ella was so nervous about having to say, "Carlson, party of one" in front of other parents, but I was so proud of her for doing it. She had a wonderful year of school, and has been a model student. Speaking of Ella being a rock star at school, she was selected by her teacher to earn the Truman Award at her school. She was awarded this back in January, for being an outstanding student and caring friend, and her picture was in the little Kidsville Newspaper along with an article about her. It was so neat, and we were so proud of her. In May, Ella was able to attend the Truman Hall of Fame party for all Truman award winners for the year. It was a pool party with Olympics Gold Medalist Josh Davis and Truman the dinosaur. I was so impressed with this party and for the organization who gives out these awards. Way to go, Rosie!! Next up in the line of pictures is Ella's sick day home from school. Poor peanut woke up with the pukes (of course she just took care of herself, not even telling us that she'd been up throwing up half the night), so she had to stay home from school. After a sad morning, she fell asleep on the couch. When she woke up an hour later, she was a new girl. Feeling great! She asked if I would teach her to sew. Why not?? I put together a little embroidery sampler with her name in a heart, and she spent the afternoon sewing away. Cute. Next up for this busy girl...soccer! Her team was the Bluebonnets this year, and I loved coaching this darling group of girls. It was our last season on the small field, and Ella received a much needed boost of confidence. She was so tough and fierce, and she played amazing!! What a transformation from her timid season in the Fall! Hurray Ella!!












No comments:
Post a Comment