
Ella has been very impatiently waiting for her first tooth to get loose. She really wanted to put a tally mark on the tooth chart in her Kindergarten class!! But it was not looking likely. So one day, about 2 weeks before school let out, I was sitting and chatting with Ella. I happened to ask her if she had any loose teeth yet. She said, "No, but I do have this bump in my mouth. It's been there for 12 days." So I looked in her mouth, to see this mysterious bump, and boy was I surprised to see a tooth growing in - right behind her baby teeth! I said, "Ella!! It's a tooth!!!" Whereupon she burst into tears. "It's not growing in the right place!!! " (Wail, wail, wail) So after calming her down, and forcing that baby tooth in front of the new one to start wiggling, we just waited and wiggled. And it was finally ready to come out! Even though she missed being able to make her tally mark, since school was out, she was ready to get rid of that tooth. So I tried giving it a good tug - it didn't come out - and then she reached in and pulled it out herself! Way to go little Ella!! I think she's going to have some crowding issues and some serious orthodontics in her future, but for now she's just happy to have joined the ranks of the toothless.

No comments:
Post a Comment