Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My sewing projects

This year for Christmas I had a the bright idea to sew gifts for all my family and friends. This is a crazy idea, but once I had it I could not turn back. My amazing friend Jeri Ann made me the cutest apron ever for my birthday this past year, and I will freely admit...I totally copied her!! I did ask her permission to copy (and really, isn't imitation the greatest form of flattery??), and I also copied another apron that I got a few years back and love (a full length one). I even decided to try my hand at oven mitts, and made a few manly ones for the men. So I sewed and sewed and sewed...and sewed some more. I think I ended up making 14 aprons and 4 oven mitts! The picking out of the fabric was my favorite part, and I actually really loved the sewing. It was a little stressful in the end I will admit (I was literally sewing until 4:00 on Christmas Eve!!), but I did love the finished products. They were hard to part with!!!

(I think this one ended up being my favorite)


(I made a few of the full length ones, but I forgot to take pictures of the other ones. They were all reversable, too).





2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You're making progress.....Christmas finally!
We are LOVING our aprons.....SO cute! And Aubrey loves that hers and Ella's match!

The Bissenden's: said...

I'm so glad to see that you gave Stephanie some aprons 'cause I will most definately be checking those out when I visit next month so I can copy the pattern. Love it! I tell you, all those lessons we took from Janet really have paid off:)