Friday, January 21, 2011

The Nutcracker

Trying to make it an annual tradition, I took Ella to see The Nutcracker again this year. When Ruby gets a little older, she'll get to join in too! This year the show was performed at the Majestic Theater in downtown San Antonio in conjunction with the San Antonio symphony. It was a great production! We went with couple of friends, Meghan and her daughter Paige, and we had a nice little lunch downtown before hitting the Saturday matinee showing. Ella loved the attention and the dressing up, and loved watching the ballet. She did fall asleep again this year in the middle of the second act (it really is quite relaxing!), which I thought was pretty cute. Afterward we were able to meet the cast, including our friend Heather, who played one of the Chinese dancers. Ella was even brave enough this year to get her picture taken with her, as well as with the Sugar Plum Fairy and Prince. It was great little afternoon outing! And how cute is she with that little purse?? She's got lip gloss, fruit snacks, and some tissue in there. :)




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

SO cute! I love that she has fruit snacks and tissues in her purse! I was meaning to find the Nutcracker or other Christmas show to start a similar tradition with Aubrey this year, but it never happened. Maybe next year.....

The Jensen 6 said...

How fun! Sophie and I went to the Nutcracker together is SLC when she was around 4. You look so cute all dressed up to go out together. I love the curly do by the way! You Christmas card was so cute! Love the little blonde girls! We miss you all!