Friday, October 29, 2010

My birthday feast!

I have to do a shout out to Bryan for the AWESOME birthday feast he put together for me this year. I never make it really easy for him in the first place, because a box cake just isn't my choice of birthday dessert. Or a store bought cake. So already I'm a difficult customer. He has really whipped up some good creations in years past, but this year he set his sights a little higher. I'll start with the main course. As an aside, my husband makes the best ribs I have ever tasted. I used to like to go out for ribs, but I can't do it anymore! Bryan's are just so much better!! But I wanted STEAK for my birthday! So he grilled up some mean ribeyes, made loaded baked potatoes, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, and some vegetable that I can't remember. But my memory should be excused because obviously it was my amazing birthday cake that took the cake this year! Bryan made me a mean, from scratch, three layer, German Chocolate Cake. He roasted the pecans, he beat the egg whites, he sifted the cake flour,...he did it all! I didn't even step into the kitchen! And I'm not kidding...it was amazing! The bad part of all this is that I am supposed to be the baker in this family! He's showing me up!! But still, I have to say, my husband is amazing. Thanks Bry!!!

1 comment:

kidding...right? said...

I'm seriously impressed!! I told JD what Bryan had whipped up... he just looked at me with wide eyes. I'm thinking I'll never be treated to a home cooked birthday dinner like that! :)
P.S. I think it's a double bonus to have two bakers in the family!