Thursday, October 14, 2010

One last trip to the lake


The Saturday before the Fall Sport season kicked off, we took one last trip up to the lake for the summer. What a gorgeous day to be out on the water! The boys took up knee boarding this summer, and they really loved it. Bryan and I even took a turn or two on the knee board, and it brought back some fun memories from the younger years. Bryan had some pretty good moves, and I was so sore the next day I could hardly walk! The first time Tyler knee boarded he was on a friend's boat using theirs. On his very first try, the other boat drove right by ours and there is Tyler - doing a complete 180. First time out! So anyway, I just thought that was funny. The boys each got quite good at catching some sweet air coming in and out of the wake, and it was so much fun to watch them. I think it actually improved their water skiing too, because they both got a lot more daring and proficient. Tyler got to where he could go in and out of the wake on skis, and Spencer was able to hang in there much longer before letting go. He rarely fell, because he preemptively let go any time he got a little wobbly or saw a little wave!

Here's Ty!
And here's Spence.


Taking a break, to cool off. The classic "funny face" picture.

Next up is skiing! First Spencer...

And here goes Tyler, heading outside the wake.


The other funny thing about this trip to the lake was that it was right in the middle of the early days of potty training Ruby. The no pant days. So, we just took her out on the boat naked! With a life jacket, of course. I thought she was quite a champ, because she had to use a pretty disgusting port-a-potty before and after the lake. That would have frightened seasoned adults!

Nothing like a naked-bummed swimmer! Until next summer...good bye Canyon Lake!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That warm weather seems so long ago!! The boys are looking good on those skis and kneeboard!

kidding...right? said...

So fun! JD really wants a boat! I do think it would be so fun as a family. It's a great way to get away from everything and just be together! Oh... and the kids are looking really good on their skis and stuff!

silly6 said...

The naked bum pictures reminded me of Thailand. When we went, Natalie was a young toddler and I took her in the water while on our boat trip naked as well. Love it!