The boys just completed their second year of piano lessons, culminating with the big piano recital. As usual, they both worked really hard on their songs, and did an outstanding job. I am so so proud of them!! Tyler played "Hedwig's Theme" from The Sorcerers Stone, and "Spring" from Vivaldi's Four Seasons. He was great! Spencer played Phantom of the Opera and Maple Leaf Rag. A couple of weeks before the recital he decided that he wanted to SING as well as play Phantom of the Opera (he was inspired by the You Tube 6th grade Lady Gaga performance), and so I wrote the words out for him to "just try it", since it is quite hard to sing and play. But lo and behold...he nailed it! The boys also played (and sang) their songs at their class talent show, so I was pretty proud of them for doing that too. Way to go boys!!!
Sunday, July 4, 2010
The Boy's Piano Recital
The boys just completed their second year of piano lessons, culminating with the big piano recital. As usual, they both worked really hard on their songs, and did an outstanding job. I am so so proud of them!! Tyler played "Hedwig's Theme" from The Sorcerers Stone, and "Spring" from Vivaldi's Four Seasons. He was great! Spencer played Phantom of the Opera and Maple Leaf Rag. A couple of weeks before the recital he decided that he wanted to SING as well as play Phantom of the Opera (he was inspired by the You Tube 6th grade Lady Gaga performance), and so I wrote the words out for him to "just try it", since it is quite hard to sing and play. But lo and behold...he nailed it! The boys also played (and sang) their songs at their class talent show, so I was pretty proud of them for doing that too. Way to go boys!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Omg, So cute!! Those big smiles at the end, I love it! Way to go Spence and Ty!!
They did great! I think they play really well. I can't believe they have only taken lessons for two years. Way to go boys!
Post a Comment