Monday, October 26, 2009
Poor Tyler!!!!
Prepare yourself for some sad photos to follow! These are the pictures I took of Tyler this morning as he headed out the door for school - a full 16 hours after the accident took place. But let me start over...yesterday was a beautiful Fall day here in Texas. One of those days that's just a shame to waste by staying inside. Well, Bryan took the boys outside to play one of their favorite games out in the street. It's a homemade game called Bootball, which is a cross between football and baseball. So anyway, they couldn't find the soft T-ball that they usually play with. Of course the boys weren't about to give up that easily, and Bryan finally succumbed to the pressure of two pleading boys to play anyway, with the hard ball. They were having a grand time, Tyler was playing some great defense, and then the scream heard round the world came. Tyler was clocked - and I mean CLOCKED - in the face with the baseball. Spencer missed the ball entirely, and it hit Tyler right in the mouth. I rushed outside to find Bryan running inside carrying Tyler, who is holding a handful of blood. Oh poor Ty! That ball hit him right in the side of his mouth, directly on one of his not-even-remotely-loose baby teeth. That tooth, and it's giant root, is now dangling from his bleeding gums and needing to be ripped the rest of the way out. I've included a picture of the tooth if you don't believe me! It was so sad, and so traumatic for poor Tyler, but honestly he was out in the back playing soccer with Spencer just an hour later. I would be in bed for a week if that happened to me! And really we were so lucky that the baby tooth took the brunt of the hit, since his permanent front teeth were directly next to the baby. But can you believe that his lip still looked that bad this morning?? I was shocked when he walked downstairs looking like that! And he was so self-conscious about going to school like that, too. "I look horrible!!" he kept saying. I hope his classmates were nice to him today!


And speaking of Tyler, I have to post this picture of Tyler from Friday night. The boy's school had their annual Fall Festival Friday night, and Tyler wanted to use one of his tickets to get his hair dyed. He had this whole elaborate striped pattern planned out, but when it was finally his turn he was told that 1 ticket means 1 color. So he scrambled and chose red. Well, as you can see, the "red" looked an awful lot like pink!!! He about died when they held that mirror up for him to take a look! Sheer horror on his face! So for the rest of the night he explained to everybody that even looked our direction, "I asked for RED!!!" I could hardly take this picture I was laughing so hard. It was a rough weekend for Ty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am cracking up! (At the pink hair, not the fat lip....) Poor little Ty! Tell him it makes him look tough!
The pink hair gave me a good chuckle! Sorry about the lip. I hope it heals quickly!
Poor Ty. I have a small memory similar to Ty's of getting hit in the face with the bat on a missed ball. Rough stuff. He is such a cute boy! I am glad it wasn't his front teeth!! I love the pictures of Ruby. I tried to get pictures of Annie twice in the last two weeks and she will not cooperate ONE bit!! When we are home and scroungy all she does is "cheese" for the camera.... but gussy her up and take her somewhere and she turns in to a monster!! Those pictures are sooo cute!! Love and miss you!
Post a Comment