Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ruby's 18 month pictures





I can't believe my little Ruby is 18 months old! Well, and in all fairness, she is actually 19 months old now. But these pictures were taken a few weeks ago, and so I thought I'd post them for all to see. Do you notice what she is holding in the top picture? Yes, that is my cell phone. She dug it out of my purse just moments before we were to begin the photo shoot, and so my options were pretty limited: either take the phone away from her, and have her crying in all the pictures, or just let her have the phone. The phone won out! Plus, really, it will be a great reminder of her at this stage. As I mentioned in my last post, Ruby is all about the imaginative play. This morning she was walking around the house with plastic Cinderella heels on, pushing a stroller, and wearing a knight's helmet. I should really have my camera with me at all times, because by the time I go get it she has moved on to something else. At her 18 month appointment, she was saying only three words: yeah, uh-oh, and hot. Well, in the month that has passed since that appointment, she has mastered several new words, with new ones cropping up each day. Here are all that I can think of right now: ball, baby, bubble, uh-uh, mama, mommy, dada, daddy, car, and "go go" (let's go). She waves good bye, gives kisses and loves, uses the "all gone" signal, and will occasionally throw kisses (although she's a little stingy with those). Oh, and I'm pretty sure she tried to say "mine" the other day when I tried to get her to leave Ella's lunchbox at Ella's pre-school. She held it close and said, "Ma!" I'm no dummy...I knew exactly what she meant! Even when she is not talking, she manages to make her wishes known! And she knows exactly what she wants. She is in the 5th percentile for weight (20 lbs. 3 ounces), and about the 60th for height. So she is destined to be built like Spencer - long and lean! I can think of worse fates. :) She is, and always has been, a joy to have in our family. We love you Ruby Jane!

2 comments:

kidding...right? said...

What a stinkin' cutie!! She looks like a big girl in these pictures. I had to laugh at the 20 lbs. at 18 months. Tyson was 23 lbs. at 6 months. I had to give up my Babybjorn because his legs would not fit through the holes.

Stephanie said...

The pictures turned out darling!! I love this age when they literally learn new words every day. We need to skype sometime soon.....