Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Labor Day in Galveston

We haven't really taken a family vacation since we've been back in the states, with the exception of going home to Idaho during the summer, and so we decided it was time. I mean, I realize that Galveston, Texas isn't Paris or Rome...but it was a darn fun weekend! We left on Friday after school, and came back home on Labor Day (my birthday!!). Bryan has a friend from work who has a guest house in Galveston, just three blocks from the beach. He offered to let us use the house any time we wanted, so we decided to take him up on it. The four hour drive was not bad, and Galveston was a lot of fun. Here are some of the highlights, in reverse order. (I forget that blogger adds the pictures in reverse order, and I don't want to go back and do it again.) These first few pictures were taken on our last night in Galveston at The Rainforest Cafe. Definitely the coolest restaurant ever! The kids loved it. Even after waiting 90 minutes for a table. For real.


(What is that smile, Tyler? He must have learned that from Aubrey. :) )
Just waiting for our table to be ready... Ruby biffed it just after this picture was taken, and scraped her entire face up, but that is a picture for a different post.
We spent our second day in Galveston at a place called Moody Gardens, which had an aquarium, rainforest, IMAX theaters, a paddle boat ride, and a big pool. And it is humid in Galveston! So we were ready for a fun swim at the end of that day.


Isn't she darling? Just hanging out - watching the big kids.
So cute. These two have a good time together. That is, when they're not teasing and harassing each other.
On the boat!
Can you see Ruby's little half-smile? Little cutie. And now the beach pictures. I love the beach!!! Except for the sand you track home afterward - I could do without that. We had a great day at the beach, with lots of frisbee, sand castles, and wave jumping. And Ruby had not one bit of fear. She strutted straight out into the water and hardly even looked back.







5 comments:

Candice said...

Oh man i love galveston, i grew up going to all of those places!! My mom lives in houston, sounds like you had fun!!!

Stephanie said...

Great pictures....Looks like fun. I'm super jealous that you guys are all still so tan!!

kidding...right? said...

I just love being at the beach. What a fun way to spend your birthday weekend.

Jeri Ann said...

CUTE suit!! Look how hot you are!! :) I love it. Looks like a super fun vacation.

Lesli said...

OMG - you guys look so great (especially you hot momma!!!) The kids are adorable too :) So fun. Enjoyed seeing your pics!!