Another picture where Ruby has no clothes (we ate a LOT of dessert at my mom's!) , and her hair in this picture is in the final stages of her pigtail. But these water wings...she insisted on wearing them around every time we were outside. She never wore them in the pool, but she just liked to walk around in them. Crazy girl!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Bobi-lu-bob
I kept these few pictures of Ruby out of the last Boise post, because they are so awesome that they really needed their own post. I mean, look at this first picture??? I've been laughing about this picture ever since the moment I took it! Those of you with kids know the age - they discover their nose holes!! And her finger just hangs out in there. She's not picking, or being digusting, she's just found a perfect place for her finger to hang. Of course she now knows that it drives me crazy, so whenever she feels like getting a rise out of me she will make her little noise to get my attention, which is a cross between a grunt and a whine, and when I look at her THIS is what I see!
This next picture shows a classic Ruby. Her hair was once done and has been ripped out by Ruby. Her clothes have been taken off in an effort to preserve them from the chocolate chip cookie she is enjoying (and yes, I have heard of a bib). And she is happy as a clam!

Another picture where Ruby has no clothes (we ate a LOT of dessert at my mom's!) , and her hair in this picture is in the final stages of her pigtail. But these water wings...she insisted on wearing them around every time we were outside. She never wore them in the pool, but she just liked to walk around in them. Crazy girl!
Oh, and I just LOVE this picture of Ruby. Look at that happy smile??!! She is watching her bowling ball travel down the lane, and she was having so much fun. There is nothing better than watching your kids have a really great time. Sweet Bobi lu bob!!
I guess I should explain Bobi-lu-bob. Nicknames are a crazy thing. Have you ever noticed how nicknames evolve and change over the course of a baby's first year? They continue to change, with new ones added, but never as frequently as in that first year of life. Ruby has had the usual string of nicknames, beginning at day one. She started out as RuRu, little Roo, and Rooster. It then changed to WuWu, honey love, and sweet lovie. Then Ella and her pretend baby talk started calling her baba, which evolved into bobi, which happened to be the one that stuck. You never know! She Ruby is Bobi, or just as frequently Bobi-lu-bob. And then her song, or anthem if you will, has changed from the Winnie the Pooh song ("...but most of all Ruby Roo.") to "Tootie Fruity, go Ruby... a wap-Bobi-lu-bob a wap bam boo!" Little Bobi.
Another picture where Ruby has no clothes (we ate a LOT of dessert at my mom's!) , and her hair in this picture is in the final stages of her pigtail. But these water wings...she insisted on wearing them around every time we were outside. She never wore them in the pool, but she just liked to walk around in them. Crazy girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Little Wooby! I love it. You'll be happy to know Carson no longer barks when he hears Ruby's name, now he just looks around to see where she is..... sad.
And by the way, I don't know if everyone is as crazy with nicknames as you are (okay, and me too).
Those are classic and absolutely adorable pictures! She is such a cutie!!
I am not at all surprised with the long list of nicknames that Ruby has been known by in her short little life. After all... her mother has the distinguished nickname of Plo DJ Diggity bo bop who haw something or other.
That is really cute. We are big nicknamers in our home as well! Fun stuff. She is adorable.
Post a Comment