Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Morning










Christmas Day has come and gone! As you can see in the pictures, the kids had a wonderful day. In the top picture, the kids are wearing their new PJs from Santa that they opened on Christmas Eve. The rest of the pictures are taken throughout the day, although they are in their pajamas for all of them. What it is about Christmas that makes kids (and me!) want to stay in pajamas as long as possible? Well anyway, Ruby was the sweetest thing all day. It helped that she slept wonderfully the night before, which is a lot more than I can say about the other three. They all slept together in the boy's room, and according to Spencer, "Ella was terrible!" She's not used to the company at night, I guess. Whatever the case, I heard them awake upstairs at 5:40. They knew that they had to wait for Ruby to wake up before we could go downstairs, and so of course she sleeps in until after 8:00! Even then I had to wake her up! So the kids took turns opening their presents (Ruby just sitting contentedly playing with a toy or two, wrapping paper, and bows) culminating with the BIG present from Santa. It was a big box, all wrapped up, but it actually just had a note inside telling them to look in the backyard. So we had pajama trampoline jumping all morning! It was just as much fun as when I was a kid! We had several fat lips and bleeding throughout the day ("At this rate we'll be in the Emergency Room within the next three days!" says Bryan), but it was fun. Ella's pretend cooking has now been taken to a whole new level with the introduction of the Easy Bake Oven. What a hit! Unfortunately she has been hounding me ever since to make cookies and cakes - in fact she's harassing me even as I type! It was a fun day. I hope you all had a great day as well!

5 comments:

Stiles Family-mostly Kristen said...

What a fun, fun Christmas!! You have got to love the little ones on Christmas day!

Laurie Davis said...

Kacee,

What a gorgeous family you have! Very gutsy move with the trampoline :) The Easy Bake oven has been a friend to my daughter for a while. This year she got the Cupcake Decorator (I DO NOT recommend it. Grandma gave it and it does not live up to the commercials!). We are going to try the Easy Bake Decorating Pen tomorrow. I'll let you know how that works out! It's fun to catch up with you via your blog.

Your Fiendette friend,

Laurie "Dixie Treat" Davis

Stephanie said...

Wow.....quick on the Christmas post! Looks like so much fun! I love Ella's chef hat. And Ruby.....what a sweetie! It looks like a good time had by all. Is the tramp on Christmas as much fun without a foot of snow??

kidding...right? said...

Ruby is getting so big! She was so tiny when we saw you guys in July. Izzy got Twister too. The kids love it. Looks like a fun Christmas! I want a trampoline for me. I'd be out there everyday!

Shupe said...

I have to laugh at the picture of Ella. I have one almost identical of Elle using her cupcake maker. (which is just as bad as everyone says). I really should plan a trip to Texas because I think our kids would LOVE it. You really do have a darling family.