Halloween was a big hit this year, as always. I mean really...what is there not to like about Halloween?? Costumes, candy, and craziness - the recipe for a good time! So let me narrate through the pictures. First you may notice that Spencer and Tyler have two different costumes. Yes, and if you've already heard my rant on this subject then skip ahead. OK, so of course the kids aren't allowed to wear Halloween costumes to school, but the teachers really do want the kids to be able to dress up. So they have these big themed units, with the grand finale on Halloween. The first grade did a unit on Egypt - very fun - and it would be great if the students and parents could work together to make an Egyptian costume to wear to school on Halloween! What a fun idea! (Sarcasm, thick sarcasm) Of course Tyler doesn't want to be an Egyptian for his real costume (no, he'd prefer to be a Power Ranger for third year in a row - a different colored one, of course, requiring a new costume, of course)! The fourth grade has been working on a fascinating unit of mapping, culminating with a wonderful Pirate Treasure Map Day. And you guessed it...Pirate costumes for the fourth graders! Alright, enough with the sarcasm. The school is great, and their units really were neat, but I have to grrrrr just a little bit. :) None of the other pictures really need explanations - the girls were darling, the boys were ferocious, and they all got an obscene amount of candy. A great day all the way around! Stay tuned for the pre-trick or treating video...
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Halloween!
Halloween was a big hit this year, as always. I mean really...what is there not to like about Halloween?? Costumes, candy, and craziness - the recipe for a good time! So let me narrate through the pictures. First you may notice that Spencer and Tyler have two different costumes. Yes, and if you've already heard my rant on this subject then skip ahead. OK, so of course the kids aren't allowed to wear Halloween costumes to school, but the teachers really do want the kids to be able to dress up. So they have these big themed units, with the grand finale on Halloween. The first grade did a unit on Egypt - very fun - and it would be great if the students and parents could work together to make an Egyptian costume to wear to school on Halloween! What a fun idea! (Sarcasm, thick sarcasm) Of course Tyler doesn't want to be an Egyptian for his real costume (no, he'd prefer to be a Power Ranger for third year in a row - a different colored one, of course, requiring a new costume, of course)! The fourth grade has been working on a fascinating unit of mapping, culminating with a wonderful Pirate Treasure Map Day. And you guessed it...Pirate costumes for the fourth graders! Alright, enough with the sarcasm. The school is great, and their units really were neat, but I have to grrrrr just a little bit. :) None of the other pictures really need explanations - the girls were darling, the boys were ferocious, and they all got an obscene amount of candy. A great day all the way around! Stay tuned for the pre-trick or treating video...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I love the new picture at the top of your blog. I could go on for hours about school and Halloween. When Izzy was in Kindergarten, they let them dress up like a character from a book. Izzy had already picked out a tiger/cat little dress that had a tail and cute little headband with ears. So... I got lucky and just found a book with a tiger in it. That was the only year that her school let them dress up. I wish they got to dress up and parade around and have a party all day. Wasn't that so fun?
cute pics! i cant believe how big Ruby is getting!
Seriously....dang teachers take the fun out of everything! I forgot it was our job to provide holiday entertainment! I vote that the parents who want to have Halloween parades and parties all day can come teach the entire WEEK of Halloween! Not to mention it's always the last week of the quarter and report cards and conferences are the following week.....forget about the extra hours and hours to prepare for that. Oh sorry, do I sound bitter?
Kids look darling though!
Looks like Ella takes after me (the southern belle was always my favorite costume). My kids get to wear their costumes to school but the parade has gone the way of all really fun things we used to do in school. You know, the 6th grade dance that I believe was organized by Chaz with a La Isla Bonita theme. Your kids look darling. I also love the picture at the top of your blog.
Okay, so that little Ruby in the flower costume has to be one of the cutest things I've seen! And when did Ella start looking so old? Of course, the power ranger thing was no surprise...
Ploders-
Cute kids. Our school just has a Quality Teaching day on Halloween- so we don't go at all! The teachers get out of everything and we have a great day! :) It works out quite nice. Love the costumes. Love Halloween. Your kids looked darling. Look forward to the video.
I love love love the one of Ella with her candy. Such a perfect shot! I love her costume too. Too cute. and little Ruby makes the perfect little flower. Soo cute. The boys look great! I wish we had a better costume selection over here! We either had everything or borrowed everything we needed this year!
I am going to go watch the video now....
Hey Kacee!! I found your blog through Lindsay Ps, and i just wanted to say HI!!! How are you?? Your kids have grown up SOO much. Ella looks like a little lady,and ruby is so adorable!! And the boys are handsom as always!! Well i hope all is well in Texas. glad i found your blog. I have one too, if you want to write something over on that!!
Post a Comment