Saturday, August 4, 2012

Park City

After leaving Bear Lake, we headed straight to Park City to meet Bryan's family for a mini Family Reunion.  We all stayed at the Mountainside Marriott, and it was a really sweet hotel!  We had a great time, and there was plenty to keep us all busy and happy.  All the boys (Spencer, Tyler, AJ, Daniel, and Nathan) got to sleep in their own hotel room, and they thought that was the coolest thing ever.  I barely even walked into that room, because just glancing in I could tell that it was a total pigsty.  Little Gwen got to have a sleepover with her girl cousins, Ella and Ruby, and once she stopped crying at bedtime she was a good little sleepover buddy.  Ella thoroughly enjoyed talking care of her, and holding baby Samuel.  We spent the evening watching the Olympics (which was so fun!!) and the days swimming and playing (and even squeezed in a little shopping).  Mary was able to come up one day to hang out with us, and it was great to see her again - an extra bonus for the kids, especially!!  We went to Olympic Park one day and rode the Alpine Slide and ziplines.  We all loved it!!  The kids would have liked to ride over and over, but it's just too darn pricey.  I would like to boast and say that I, the world's most irrational, afraid of heights person, did the large zipline.  The steepest zipline in the world, I might add!  Once I survived the panic of the ride up, and the excruciating wait, it was actually really fun.  Yay for me!  Thanks to the Carlsons for an awesome week!!!!




























No comments: