



Well I am so excited to post that I have finally made a book out of this blog!! It has been my hope and intent from the very beginning to have this blog double as a way to keep in touch with family and friends, and also as a way for me to organize our pictures and write about the things that we're up to. I am not a scrapbooker - at all - and I hate to say that I'm not really a journaler either. But I love taking pictures of the kids and all of our adventures, and I don't want to forget any of this craziness! So I'd been researching ways to turn a blog into a family photo album/scrapbook, but I kept coming up empty handed. Until now! A friend of mine here had a Blog Book that she had made out on her coffee table, and I loved it! I immediately enlisted her help (thanks Suzie!). I wish I could say that it was a couple hour project, but it really did take quite a bit of time to format everything just right, and to choose fonts and backgrounds and layouts. But after a two week period, it was done and ordered. And here is the finished product! It is a hard cover 12X12 book, and is about 120 pages. My plan is to make one for every year (although this first one contains the last couple months of 2008 as well as all of 2009). The website I used is called Blurb.com and the software is called BookSmart. The kids all LOVE it, and it seems like there is always somebody looking at it. Just today when I took these pictures of it, Ruby spent the next 20 minutes pouring over the pages. I'm so proud of myself, too! The nagging guilt of not scrapbooking has finally been quieted! Hurray for me!!
3 comments:
WOW!! That is goo work! I love it. I really need to do one... and really need to blog better! I am very impressed.
Love it Kacee! I'm totally going to do one of my own!
I love it! I'm totally doing it. I just need to decide if I want to do the two 8X11 books or the 12X12.
Post a Comment