Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009










a

Another great Halloween in Texas! Oh the weather here...it has just been gorgeous!!! As you can see from the pictures, Halloween day and night were absolutely beautiful. I love Halloween, but I can guarantee that the kids love it even more. The dressing up, the candy, staying up late...it is the perfect holiday for kids! Well this year I got off really easy and did not need to buy a single costume. Not one! Tyler and Ruby wore hand me downs from years past, Ella wanted to wear her dance recital costume from last year, and I borrowed the Harry Potter cape from a friend for Spencer. I'm not sure why I find these details blog worthy, but I do love to get a bargain!! So anyway, the kids all looked great and had a blast. Bryan took the older three trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, which I feel I must comment on the fact that I love our neighborhood. It is a really young crowd, so the trick-or-treating started at 6:00 and was totally done by 8:00. No random teenagers ringing the doorbell at 10:00, nothin'! So that was great. Plus somebody on the next road down from us turned their entire house into a haunted house, complete with hot cider in the garage afterward. So that was fun, too. Ruby stayed home with me to pass out candy, and she has never had more fun. I was afraid that she would just beg for candy the whole time, but she just loved putting candy in the other kid's buckets. And of course she was the cutest thing ever!! It was a great night.
***Oh, I also put a picture of Tyler all dressed up for his Greek wax museum at school for Halloween. You may recall this crazy "end of unit dressing up" that our school does, which always happens to fall on Halloween, so I get to come up with TWO costumes for the kids each year! Thankfully the 5th grade did not participate this year.

5 comments:

The Jensen 6 said...

I'm not sure what kills me more...how cute little Ruby is or how grown up Ella is looking! You have great taste in blog backgrounds by the way! I finally changed mine to the exact same one! Oh! and Ruby's 18 month pictures are DARLING!! Way to go on keeping up with the photos for the fourth child. Poor Sawyer is all I'll say!

kidding...right? said...

Cute! I didn't even recognize Tyler. I guess that means you did a good job with his costume. I think it's totally blog worthy to post that you didn't have to buy a thing for costumes. That is awesome!!

The Jensen 6 said...

Holy Toga Tyler! For a minute I thought you were a cook because of the sort-a net behind your head! I wish you didn't move cause I have 0 friends as good as you were!!!! From, Briggs

Jeri Ann said...

Cute kids. I love Halloween. The candy... can you even believe how much they get!!?? It looked like great weather for you. It was really nice here, too. Where are you and Bry's costumes!!??

Kristen said...

You guys ROCK! Miss ya!