Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Boy's Piano Recital

Yesterday was a big day for the boys. They had their first piano recital, and they each did great! It is hard to believe that just 9 months ago they had never seen a piece of sheet music, and yesterday they were up performing! We are so proud of both of them. My favorite things about this video are:
1. Tyler is so shy about announcing his songs - I missed half of it! - and he is back in his seat within seconds of finishing his second song.
2. Tyler is bouncing up and down during the first song, while he is trying to keep the beat. This is what we did at home to practice, and it was cute to see him doing it during the recital.
3. Spencer loves the applause, but doesn't want to appear to love it. So he does his embarrassed-trying-not-to-smile face after both sets of applause. I'm so glad we have that face on film! I love it.
4. Spencer's cool hand and foot work during his second song. He has worked so hard on perfecting that song, and he asked his teacher if he could use the pedal during the exciting parts. I was just plain impressed!
Way to go, my studly boys!!!
(The boys and their teacher)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

They are really good! I love that they are both so "embarrased."