Friday, February 13, 2009

Party Time!






The season of birthdays is upon us! Starting with Ella, we'll be having birthday parties just about every other week until the end of March. For being such planners, did we plan on this??? It is a crazy time, but when it's done...it's DONE! And the kids have so much fun. So it is all worth it! We began this year of parties with Ella's "Flower Party." It was her idea to have a flower party, and I had a great time running with it. I wish I had a picture of the invitation, because it was darling, but at least I got my awesome cake on film! I made the kids "Oooo and Ahhhh" before I let them eat it. Seriously. I did. We had 12 girls come to the party, and adding the two older brothers who had to be RIGHT in the mix the entire time (yes, even for the "pretty parade" around the house), it was a LOT of kids! Thankfully the weather was gorgeous and so we were able to spend a lot of time outside. And the best part was that they were actively playing or eating or opening the entire time - so the house remained intact! Next on the party agenda...Captain Tyler's Buckaneer Bash. Aye Matey!!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Seriously, you may be insane! Love the cake though. Spring babies are so nice....but then all the b-days right in a row!

Kate said...

You should go into birthday party planning business! The great was beautiful and it looks like lots of fun.

Adventures in Petersonland said...

super cute flower cake kacee! i love making cakes too for birthday's around here.
and DANG! it must be nice to have an party outdoor in february! the only time im outside here in germany is when im rushing from the car to the house.
good luck on the upcoming weeks of parties! youre so fun so im sure everyone will have a blast.

kidding...right? said...

Oh my gosh! I need help. I throw the lamest parties!! How in the world do you do all that?

kidding...right? said...

Oh... p.s. the cake and flowers were darling!

Shupe said...

It's starting to freak me out a little when I look at your blog. I did a cake that looked exactly like that when Elle turned 1. Same frosting and everything. Then when I saw Tyler's invite it looked quite bit like a number I did for Caleb when he turned four. So although I am sure you have it all figured out I have some cute "pirate" party game ideas and cake options. I can't wait to see what you do for Spencer because poor Jonah's parties are getting lamer and lamer. What do you do for a 10 year old?
Everything looked awesome!

Jeri Ann said...

Looks like lots of fun! I "used to be" a cute cake maker.... and I "used to be" a fun party planner. Maybe again one day! :) I hope Dick's Market makes flower cakes like that if Annie ever wants one! :) hee hee. Ella is darling!

Angie said...

ooooh, aaaaah...the deserves some ooohing and aaaahing, no doubt! Little kids parties are so fun to plan. They are just so easy to please and it looks everyone was pleased at Ella's party.