Spencer cracks me up! He came home from school last week and asked if we could have a talk about Christmas Eve. I said "Sure!" Well, he said:
"Is it possible for us to say TWO prayers on Christmas Eve this year?"
"Of course, Spencer." (Thinking, wow...how cool that Spencer is wanting to double up on prayers for Christmas! He must be growing up..."
He continues, "Because if we say two prayers on Christmas Eve then we could skip the one on Christmas morning and get down to our presents faster!" :)
So...not quite what I was thinking! After further discussion I learned that this was brought on by a discussion he was having with some friends at school, and they were talking about how they get up and immediately run out to open presents. Spencer, recalling years past, was feeling ripped off! He had to endure a PRAYER (and, being Christmas, usually a long one) before running to the presents! And the funniest thing is that he had a talk with one of his teachers about this. Teachers must crack up on a daily basis at the things they hear. Anyway...we will not relent! Pray we will!
5 comments:
HAHAHA I just love that little boy! And sure miss him when i read stories like that. What a cutie.
Poor Spencer! But you're right, you must pray!
I am totally going to adopt the morning prayer!! Which, technically we should be doing anyway but never seems to happen. I'm going to make it happen on Christmas morning. I let you know how it goes over with the kids!
Spencer's teachers must have story after story they could tell about him. I love it!
So Spencer!!! I love it!
Post a Comment